Photo Courtesy of Barton Sports Information
DUE WEST, S.C. – Five of the six members of the Lees-McRae College men's tennis team that saw action Tuesday at Erskine won at least one match, but it wasn't enough as the Flying Fleet edged the Bobcats, 5-4. The loss moves LMC to 1-12 overall and 0-6 in Conference Carolinas action.
For just the second time this season, the Bobcats won two doubles tilts in one match. LMC picked up wins at the No. 1 and No. 2 doubles spots to put the Flying Fleet down early, 2-1, heading into singles action.
The rest of the results from Tuesday's match can be found below.
1. Ritwik Bhriguvanshi (ERMT17) def. Gabriel Muniz (LMC) 6-4, 7-5
2. Garrett Lakey (LMC) def. Andres Argenal (ERMT17) 6-4, 4-0, retired
3. Nikolai Suhr (ERMT17) def. Sebastian Zuhr (LMC) 6-1, 5-7, 6-3
4. Ross Edgar (ERMT17) def. Brandon Caldwell (LMC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Andre Andre (ERMT17) def. Cole Douglas-Fields (LMC) 6-2, 6-2
6. Thomas Deeley (LMC) def. Isaac Gideons (ERMT17) 4-0, retired
LMC will look to pick up its first home victory of the season Friday when they host Limestone. The match is slated to begin at 2:30 p.m.