Photo Courtesy of Sammy Croft
BANNER ELK, N.C. – The Lees-McRae College women's tennis team dropped its fifth consecutive match Friday afternoon as it fell to Southern Wesleyan University, 7-2. The loss moves Lees-McRae's record to 3-6 overall and 0-3 in Conference Carolinas action.
The duo of Caroline Green and Mackenzie Langmade got the Bobcats on the board with an 8-2 win in the No. 1 doubles position. The victory is the duo's third straight improving its record to 6-3 on the season.
In singles action, Langmade picked up LMC's lone victory on the afternoon after Alexia Rodriguez was forced to retire. The win is Langmade's third of the season improving her record to 3-5.
Below are all the results from Friday's match.
1. Jennifer Ball (SWU) def. Caroline Green (LMC) 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
2. Mackenzie Langmade (LMC) def. Alexia Rodriguez (SWU) 4-6, retired
3. Katherina Wintrich (SWU) def. Jaden Acklin (LMC) 6-0, 6-2
4. Aimee Dorley (SWU) def. Rebecca Pierce (LMC) 6-2, 6-0
5. Kristi Cooper (SWU) def. Dakota Tittle (LMC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Elizabeth Mulkey (SWU) def. Amanda Chapman (LMC) 8-4
The Bobcats will return to action Saturday afternoon when they host North Greenville. The match is scheduled to begin at noon.