Photo Courtesy of Sammy Croft
MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. – The Lees-McRae College women's tennis team fell on the road to Mount Olive on Saturday by a score of 9-0. The loss dips LMC's record to 3-8 overall and 0-5 in conference play on the 2016-17 season.
The Bobcats had a slightly different lineup on Saturday as Emily Harrison and Katherine Reeves made their debut in the spring season. Unfortunately for the Bobcats, Harrison and Reeves could not spark LMC to a victory against the Trojans.
A complete list of Saturday's results are listed below.
1. Stella Di Michelle (UMO-W) def. Mackenzie Langmade (LMC) 6-2, 6-0
2. J Gonzalez-Rodriguez (UMO-W) def. Jaden Acklin (LMC) 8-3
3. Alejandra Hernandez (UMO-W) def. Rebecca Pierce (LMC) 6-0, 6-2
4. Areej Fareh (UMO-W) def. Amanda Chapman (LMC) 8-4
5. Nicole La Chappelle (UMO-W) def. Dakota Tittle (LMC) 6-1, 6-0
6. Emma Burroughs (UMO-W) def. Emily Harrison (LMC) 8-1
Lees-McRae will return to action Sunday afternoon when it heads to Barton for another conference tilt. That contest against the Bulldogs is scheduled to begin at noon.